Up for the challenge...


Tomorrow I am starting my first writing challenge and walking in the footsteps of my mentor to participate in Slice of Life. I will post a story each day that gives a glimpse of what it's like teaching preschool during the 12th month of this global pandemic. I teach 3-4 year olds at a public charter school in Washington DC. Along with my guardian angel teaching assistant and rockstar teaching resident (more to come about them), we teach 24 students via Zoom, five days a week. Just this week we are in beginning stages of creating in-person learning opportunities. This is an exciting time to be sharing my work with the blog world. I am eager to use this platform to capture these wild times, reflect on my dynamic work as an educator, and connect with others.

Comments

  1. Lacey, I am SO excited to have you join in on this writing journey with me! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I look forward to your preschool stories! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the welcome wagon! I am so excited to read your blog posts this month. I teach kindergarten in Wisconsin so am excited to hear about preschool. It is going to be a great month! Good for you for jumping into this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts