Grumpy again

Today I woke up grumpy again
For no real reason at all
Got out of bed, dressed to the 9's
And still felt icky and small

I made coffee like I usually do
And followed my morning routine 
"Good morning's" were said in a cheery voice
But inside I felt dark and mean

The day went on much the same
I even had a midday cry
Attempts were made to shake it off
But there was no real need to try

It's a bluesy day 
That's all there is
I will just put it to bed

I hope I wake tomorrow
Without this causeless sense of dread. 

Comments

  1. Mama said there'd be days like this . . . I'm sorry everything was so hard. Hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rhythm and rhyme really work in this poem! Perfect for a read aloud, and to show students that we all have grumpy days. Wishing you some midweek cheer to take you through the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and sad poem. Hope the blues lift overnight, Lacey! This is a time of great change; you are bound to feel low at times. A midday cry may prove to be the most helpful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem! I have felt this way many times myself. I hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this poem! It so captured the essence of grumpiness. I had a grumpy day yesterday too. I liked "It's a bluesy day, that's all there is, I will just put it to bed." Hope today is a new, happier day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mid-day cries sometimes help. That said, I truly hope that today is shaping up to be a better day, Lacey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts