Running an errand in the middle of the day

 Back in the before times, errands were for weekends. School began early, I lunched in my classroom, and by time I got home, did the usual evening things like a walk or a workout, dinner, laundry, family time, or a happy hour with friends, there was no time for errands, and no desire to make time to squeee them in. I would keep a list, so on the weekends I could get in my car and set out to take care of the various to-dos, like dropping off and picking up at the library, popping by CVS, then grocery shopping, then the wine shop, and so on and so forth. 

In covid times, while teaching remotely and having boundaries between home and work severely blurred, I take my lunch hour seriously. Lunch. Hour. 60 minutes. In the middle of the day. Do you know how quickly I can get errands done in the middle of the day with no traffic. 

As eager as I am to get back to my school for work, I think I may miss mid-day errands. 

Comments

  1. This is probably the one silver lining of these virtual learning days - some surprising flexibility in the daily schedule! I hope things aren't too stressful for you when you return to in-person teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunch HOUR!?!? Oh that is awesome! Take advantage of every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for claiming that hour and making it work for your life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts