Sunday morning planning time

 I love mornings. I have for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep at night because I'm just so excited to get up, brew coffee, and sit with a book or my journal or hop on my laptop to get some work done. My brain feels fresh in the morning and the whole day is spread out before me... what a hopeful prospect. 

By the time Friday was closing out, my brain felt a little fried and I wasn't firing on all cylinders. My planning wasn't finished, but I knew it wouldn't benefit anyone if I tried to power through and just put something into the document. I left some parts of the week empty and walked away. This morning, I had a few ideas I couldn't wait to add!

It's still before 9:30am and I feel grounded in plans, set up for the week, and I even got my slice of life in! I am grateful for

coffee

morning sunlight

NPR

inky pens 

kimonos

fuzzy slippers

Google Docs



Happy Sunday, all! 


Comments

  1. I also love weekend mornings. Time to be both relaxed and productive feels so good. Sounds like you had both this morning. Loved your title ... hooked me immediately and I'm still humming it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slow, clear-thinking weekend morning is the very best! Loved this - "Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep at night because I'm just so excited to get up, brew coffee, and ..." Yes, that is a marvelous reason for having trouble falling asleep, happy to start the new day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a morning person too! And I love the early morning quiet - ready to start a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornings are the best! I am so much more creative then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts